Monday, July 21, 2014
10 ENERGY SAVING TIPS FOR THE KITCHEN
Check out these 10 Energy Saving Tips For The Kitchen from Sustainia:
1. Cover your pot to speed up cooking by 6%.
2. Use one-pot steamers and stacked steamers to cook meals on one stove plate.
3. Chop your vegetables into smaller pieces to cook faster.
4. Match your pots to the stove plates to stop heat from escaping.
5. Use the kettle to boil only the water you need.
6. Cook in bulk and save time and money by making meals you can eat the following day.
7. Don’t open the door when you use the oven as heat can escape. Be patient.
8. Save time and electricity by defrosting food in the fridge and not the microwave.
9. Cook with ingredients that are at room temperature. This saves cooking time.
10. Bake a few dishes in the oven at the same time.
Learn more about Sustainia on their Facebook page.