Here are my Ingredients, Instructions & Results.
- 1 1/2 cups Borax
- 1 1/2 cups Washing Soda (sodium carbonate or soda ash, which can be found at most supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda 1 bar unscented soap (Castile soap)
- 1st- Grate the bar of soap
- 2nd- Mix the Borax, washing soda, baking soda and grated soap together with a wooden spoon
- 3rd- Pour into a glass or mason jar
- 4th- Use 3 Tablespoons of powder per load of laundry
- 5th- You are ready to start your first load!
- Before testing out the detergent, I was worried about how it would come out (the smell, cleanliness ect.) After the first load, I was really happy with the outcome! My clothes were not only clean but also had a fresh clean smell to go along with it! The part I am most excited about is the money I will be able to save using these ingredients! I am happy I tried this but also a little disappointed in myself for waiting this long to do it.